Subscribe visitors to a MailChimp list with Formidable for your MailChimp signup form. When a form is submitted, automatically add or auto update subscriber information. Please note, you must have a MailChimp account in order to use the MailChimp add-on.
Download and install
- If you haven’t already done so, install and activate Formidable Forms.
- In your WordPress admin, go to Formidable → Add-Ons and click the ‘Install’ button for the MailChimp WordPress plugin.
Set up a MailChimp signup form
Now that the MailChimp plugin is activated you’ll need to set up a MailChimp signup form. Follow the steps below to integrate Formidable Forms with your MailChimp account.
How to get MailChimp API key
- Now that the plugin is activated, go to Formidable → Global Settings → MailChimp.
- Insert your MailChimp API Key.
- You can find your API key by logging into your MailChimp account, and going to Account → Extras → API Keys. Click ‘Create A Key’ if you don’t have one set up already.
- Go into the form which you will be using to subscribe users to a mailing list. Click on Settings → Actions & Notifications → MailChimp.
- Select the MailChimp list that you would like to add subscribers to. Select the Email Address, and any other required options. The options that show up here are determined in your MailChimp list’s settings.
- Trigger this action when: Select ‘Create’ if you would like the user to be added to the mailing list when they submit the form. Select ‘Create’ and ‘Update’ if you would like to update the user’s details in the mailing list when his/her entry is updated.
- Tags: Add a comma-separated list of tags to include on the subscriber. Learn more about how to add tags to a subscriber.
- Opt in: If you would like to add the user’s email address to the mailing list automatically, select ‘Single’. Select ‘Double’ if you would like the user to confirm their subscription prior to being added to the mailing list.
- Conditional logic can be used to add a user to the mailing list only if specific conditions are met. Please note that Conditional Logic is only available in the Pro version of Formidable Forms.